the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Jan 2017
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods - Aug 2016
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods and Mudslides - Aug 2015
- South-Eastern Europe: Floods - Feb 2015
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Dec 2014
- FYR Macedonia: Floods - Feb 2013
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Forest Fires - Jul 2007
- Central/Eastern Europe: Heat Wave - Jul 2007
Most read reports
- Working Across Borders to Improve Early Warnings in South Eastern Europe
- Factsheet on the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia - Last updated 07/02/2018
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Location Map (2013)
- 6 February 2015: Southern Europe -Severe weather
- the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia - Floods - ECHO Daily Map | 08/08/2016
Prizren, Kosovo, July 2, 2001- Some 75,000 ethnic Albanian refugees fleeing the conflict in the Balkan nation of Macedonia have now crossed over into Kosovo, where the majority of the population is also ethnic Albanian and where they are safe from violent uprisings between Macedonian government forces and ethnic Albanian rebels. Catholic Relief Services is stepping up its assistance to the increasing number of refugees, so for providing more than $170,000 in emergency aid. The agency has also committed another $100,000 to local charities to boost their capacity to assist the refugees and …
Baltimore, June 11, 2001-With renewed fighting in Macedonia spurring a fresh influx of refugees crossing into Kosovo, Catholic Relief Services staff are working around the clock to receive and care for those who have arrived in the last 48 hours. More than 10,000 people have crossed into Kosovo since Friday-bringing the total to nearly 40,000-as fighting between ethnic Albanian rebels and Macedonia forces spreads towards the capital, Skopje.
Peace is elusive in Macedonia. "It's a bit tense here. We can hear shelling outside the office and much of the staff can hear it from their homes," said Tom Price, Catholic Relief Services Regional Communications Officer for Europe. As for the people of Macedonia, "Homes that stood in the way of the fighting have been destroyed or badly damaged," said Price.
Fighting intensified over the last several days as Macedonian forces attempted to dislodge rebel forces from the Tetovo area of Macedonia. The country is waiting to see if there will be any peace talks between the Albanian rebels and the Macedonian government.
Skopje, Macedonia, March 27, 2001- Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is providing aid to an increasing number of refugees in Kosovo displaced by escalating fighting in northern Macedonia. With Macedonian security forces attempting to dislodge ethnic-Albanian rebels from the Tetovo area, nearly 5,000 Macedonians have crossed over the Sar Mountains on foot, arriving in the Prizren area of Kosovo.