the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Jan 2017
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods - Aug 2016
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods and Mudslides - Aug 2015
- South-Eastern Europe: Floods - Feb 2015
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Dec 2014
- FYR Macedonia: Floods - Feb 2013
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Forest Fires - Jul 2007
- Central/Eastern Europe: Heat Wave - Jul 2007
Joint NGO statement ahead of the European Council of 28-29 June 2016 NGOs strongly condemn new EU policies to contain migration
At the upcoming European Council, European Union (EU) leaders will discuss the European Commission’s Communication on a new Partnership Framework with third countries. The Communication proposes an approach which aims to leverage existing EU and Member States' external cooperation instruments and tools in order to stem migration to Europe.
CAFOD is working with its local Greek partner, Caritas Hellas (Caritas Greece) to respond to the deteriorating situation of refugees stranded at Idomeni on the Greek-Macedonian border, as Macedonia says it will no longer let any more refugees and migrants cross its border with Greece.
Following recent border restrictions, between 13,000 and 15,000 refugees have found themselves stuck at the Greek-Macedonian border. They are living in dire conditions on a muddy wasteland, their route to northern Europe now closed.
The Catholic aid agency CAFOD is sending =A320,000 to partners in Macedonia as the number of people displaced by fighting continues to mount.