the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Jan 2017
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods - Aug 2016
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods and Mudslides - Aug 2015
- South-Eastern Europe: Floods - Feb 2015
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Dec 2014
- FYR Macedonia: Floods - Feb 2013
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Forest Fires - Jul 2007
- Central/Eastern Europe: Heat Wave - Jul 2007
- Reference: 2016-164-EN
A new initiative from the European Investment Bank (EIB) to support regions outside of Europe that are significantly affected by the refugee crisis has been welcomed by EU heads of state and governments meeting in Brussels today. Responding to a request by the European Council in March, EIB President Hoyer laid out how the EU Bank could step up its support and address the pressing needs of the regions with action to support growth, jobs vital infrastructure and social cohesion.
Press release: SP 1999/007
Luxembourg, 21 May 1999 - The European Investment Bank, the European Union's financing arm, is donating EUR 600 000(1) to help the Kosovo refugees. The funds are being made available in equal amounts to six reputable humanitarian agencies in Luxembourg (Caritas, Unicef, Croix Rouge, Médecins sans Frontières, Pharmaciens sans Frontières, Handicap International), providing emergency aid to refugees who have reached Albania and FYROM-Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia.