the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Jan 2017
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods - Aug 2016
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods and Mudslides - Aug 2015
- South-Eastern Europe: Floods - Feb 2015
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Dec 2014
- FYR Macedonia: Floods - Feb 2013
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Forest Fires - Jul 2007
- Central/Eastern Europe: Heat Wave - Jul 2007
At the end of July the Swedish Rescue Services Agency (SRSA) sent fire fighting equipment to Macedonia. Several countries have been seriously affected by forest fires and now the SRSA is sending assistance to Albania also.
"We are sending the same type of equipment as we sent to Macedonia but not quite as much of it," says Curt Näslund, project leader for the Albania operation.
"Six containers of equipment and ten cubic metres of foam compound were sent to Macedonia.
The Swedish Rescue Services Agency (SRSA) has since Wednesday had two fire experts in place in Macedonia, which is suffering from extensive forest fires.
They have now in cooperation with the Macedonian authorities agreed that the SRSA shall provide six containers of forest firefighting equipment.
"The containers are loaded with most of what is required to fight forest fires, equipment that has been previously used in Sweden," says Curt Näslund, project leader for the Macedonia operation.
They contain, among other things, motor pumps, hoses, axes, shovels and rakes, and …
The Swedish Rescue Services Agency (SRSA) is sending two fire experts to assist with the forest fires raging in Macedonia.
This is in response to a request from the Macedonian authorities via the UN and the Swedish Embassy in Macedonia.
The fire experts, who will leave for Macedonia early on Thursday morning, will assist the authorities in estimating the resources required in terms of personnel and material to fight the fires, as well as grounds for decisions on the scope of continued Swedish assistance.
The fires along with others in south-eastern Europe in Greece, Serbia and …