the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Jan 2017
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods - Aug 2016
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods and Mudslides - Aug 2015
- South-Eastern Europe: Floods - Feb 2015
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Dec 2014
- FYR Macedonia: Floods - Feb 2013
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Forest Fires - Jul 2007
- Central/Eastern Europe: Heat Wave - Jul 2007
Today at 11 am a humanitarian aid convoy comprising over 50 vehicles coming from Macedonia and accompanied by the Austrian Ambassador to Macedonia, Dr. Harald Kotschy, crossed the border into Kosovo.
Several aid organisations, including UNHCR and FOCUS, an operation organised jointly by Austria, Switzerland, Russia and Greece, are participating in the action. FOCUS provided six lorries loaded with supplies for this convoy, the first to reach Kosovo. Essential mine clearing operations are to clear the way for the Kosovo Albanians, willing to reach their homeland immediately.
In a joint press release, Austrian Vice-Chancellor and Foreign Minister Wolfgang Schuessel and Austrian Interior Minister Karl Schloegl today pledged immediate support for refugees from Kosovo.
The Austrian Government will provide an emergency aid of 10 Mio. Austrian Schilling (approx. $ 800,000) as instant support for the refugees in Albania and Macedonia.
According to Mr. Schuessel, Austria would also be prepared to join a European Union initiative for refugees from Kosovo. Mr.