the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Jan 2017
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods - Aug 2016
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods and Mudslides - Aug 2015
- South-Eastern Europe: Floods - Feb 2015
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Dec 2014
- FYR Macedonia: Floods - Feb 2013
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Forest Fires - Jul 2007
- Central/Eastern Europe: Heat Wave - Jul 2007
Author: Joseph D'Urso
LONDON, Nov 13 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - About one million migrants and refugees fleeing war and poverty are expected to arrive on Europe's shores in 2015, with governments and aid agencies struggling to cope.
Written by: James Kilner
LONDON (AlertNet) - In regions emerging from conflict the painstaking task of identifying missing people is vital for reconciliation and stability, the Balkan delegation chief for the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) said.
The ICRC's Paul-Henri Arni added that Iraq and other countries rebuilding after conflict could learn from the lengthy process of finding thousands who went missing during wars in the former Yugoslavia.
"The issue has to be put higher up the list of priorities by humanitarian agencies and governments," he said …
By Lars Inge Staveland