the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Jan 2017
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods - Aug 2016
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods and Mudslides - Aug 2015
- South-Eastern Europe: Floods - Feb 2015
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Dec 2014
- FYR Macedonia: Floods - Feb 2013
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Forest Fires - Jul 2007
- Central/Eastern Europe: Heat Wave - Jul 2007
Nine Balkan militaries agree to jointly assist the civilian population in times of disasters.
By Miki Trajkovski for Southeast European Times in Skopje -- 22/07/14
In the wake of damaging flooding in Bulgaria, Serbia, Croatia and Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) this year, military leaders of nine countries in southeast Europe are promising to work together to co-ordinate emergency response to future natural disasters.
Organisations in Croatia, Slovenia, Montenegro, Macedonia and Turkey are providing humanitarian aid to Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) following catastrophic floods that killed dozens and have left thousands homeless. The countries have sent specially trained teams, equipment, water, food, medicine and volunteers to Serbian and BiH authorities.
SKOPJE, Macedonia/PRISTINA, Kosovo -- Macedonia and Kosovo have established diplomatic relations, the foreign ministries of the two countries announced on Sunday (October 18th).
Passenger train service has resumed between Pristina and Skopje following a six-year interruption caused by the crisis in the region.
By Zoran Nikolovski for Southeast European Times in Skopje -- 14/03/06
After a six-year break, train service between Pristina and Skopje resumed on 27 February. Many heralded the line's relaunching as a symbol of restored ties following the years of crisis in this part of Southeast Europe.
For the time being, only passenger service is being provided.