the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Jan 2017
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods - Aug 2016
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods and Mudslides - Aug 2015
- South-Eastern Europe: Floods - Feb 2015
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Dec 2014
- FYR Macedonia: Floods - Feb 2013
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Forest Fires - Jul 2007
- Central/Eastern Europe: Heat Wave - Jul 2007
SCENARIOS FOR APRIL – SEPTEMBER 2016
These scenarios are a description of situations that could occur in the coming six months, with their associated humanitarian consequences. The aim is to support strategic planning, create awareness, and promote preparedness activities for those responding to this crisis.
See the Methodology section for more information on how these scenarios were developed.
• The main current humanitarian concerns are the impact of selective entry procedures along the route, the increased shelter/NFI needs in the winter months, the situation of unaccompanied minors, and the unpredictability of flow and political developments that hamper response planning.
• None of the Balkan countries currently have the capacity and/or financial resources to address the full spectrum of humanitarian needs, making Governments, particularly Greece, reliant on external support for an important part of the service provision.