the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Jan 2017
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods - Aug 2016
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods and Mudslides - Aug 2015
- South-Eastern Europe: Floods - Feb 2015
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Dec 2014
- FYR Macedonia: Floods - Feb 2013
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Forest Fires - Jul 2007
- Central/Eastern Europe: Heat Wave - Jul 2007
Most read reports
- Working Across Borders to Improve Early Warnings in South Eastern Europe
- Factsheet on the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia - Last updated 07/02/2018
- 6 February 2015: Southern Europe -Severe weather
- Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Extreme Winter Condition Emergency Plan of Action (EPoA) DREF Operation n° MDRMK003
- 3 February 2015: Europe – Severe weather
Joint NGO statement ahead of the European Council of 28-29 June 2016 NGOs strongly condemn new EU policies to contain migration
At the upcoming European Council, European Union (EU) leaders will discuss the European Commission’s Communication on a new Partnership Framework with third countries. The Communication proposes an approach which aims to leverage existing EU and Member States' external cooperation instruments and tools in order to stem migration to Europe.
The migration situation in the Balkans has evolved significantly since the beginning of 2016. The closure of the so-called Balkan route and the EU-Turkey deal led to new challenges for thousands of refugee children and their families who got stranded from one day to the next in Serbia, Macedonia or Greece.
“The closure itself has created an incredible psychological pressure on those people seeking for international protection”, says Martin Morand, responsible for Tdh’s emergency programmes in South Europe.