the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Jan 2017
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods - Aug 2016
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods and Mudslides - Aug 2015
- South-Eastern Europe: Floods - Feb 2015
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Dec 2014
- FYR Macedonia: Floods - Feb 2013
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Forest Fires - Jul 2007
- Central/Eastern Europe: Heat Wave - Jul 2007
The World Health Organization (WHO) reports 40 landmine and unexploded ordnance accidents in the past week, mostly involving the loss of limbs and abdominal wounds.
Children and women, some barefoot, stand in the mud outside a UNICEF-supported mobile medical clinic in a temporary settlement of displaced ethnic Albanian Kosovars near the village of Kisna Reka, approximately 25 miles southwest of Pristine, the provincial capital. Many of the displaced have lived for weeks or months in the open and suffer from diarrhea and respiratory infections.