the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Jan 2017
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods - Aug 2016
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods and Mudslides - Aug 2015
- South-Eastern Europe: Floods - Feb 2015
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Dec 2014
- FYR Macedonia: Floods - Feb 2013
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Forest Fires - Jul 2007
- Central/Eastern Europe: Heat Wave - Jul 2007
After 10 years, many Romani refugees from the Kosovo conflict can neither return to their old homes nor build new ones abroad.
by Michael J. Jordan and Shejla Fidani
SHUTO ORIZARI, Macedonia, and POMAZATIN, Kosovo | The anguish is etched on Nedzmije Selimi's face even before she starts talking.
In a gray-and-white headscarf and threadbare vest, she lets loose with her lament. First, she lost her husband to a brain aneurysm, which left her to raise their son alone in Kosovo, a society on the brink of war.
Days before parliamentary elections, Macedonia appears relatively peaceful, but interethnic and party tensions still run high.
SKOPJE, Macedonia - Five days before the close of the campaign for the 15 September elections, amid violence and irregularities, two coalitions are leading the pack in the race for a majority of seats in parliament.
The ruling coalition of the Internal Macedonian Revolutionary Organization-Democratic Party for Macedonian National Unity (VMRO-DPMNE) and the Liberal Party (LP) is playing on nationalist sentiments [LINK TO Flirting With Nationalism in BRR Our …
SKOPJE, Macedonia - Peace and stability in Macedonia in the run-up to the September elections have been seriously threatened in the wake of several violent incidents, including the killing of two policemen, grenade attacks on ethnic Albanian party headquarters, and an intense hostage situation that ended without casualties on 31 August.