the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Jan 2017
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods - Aug 2016
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods and Mudslides - Aug 2015
- South-Eastern Europe: Floods - Feb 2015
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Dec 2014
- FYR Macedonia: Floods - Feb 2013
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Forest Fires - Jul 2007
- Central/Eastern Europe: Heat Wave - Jul 2007
Most read reports
- Factsheet on the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia - Last updated 07/02/2018
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Location Map (2013)
- 6 February 2015: Southern Europe -Severe weather
- the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia - Floods - ECHO Daily Map | 08/08/2016
- Building National Resilience for Sexual and Reproductive Health: Learning from Current Experiences
- In 2009, 17 multilateral peace operations were conducted in Europe, more than in any other region.
- Europe was the only region where the number of peacekeepers significantly decreased in 2009: numbers fell by 26 per cent, continuing a reduction since 1999.
- Despite the fall in personnel, Europe still ranked third in terms of deployment figures.
- Europe continued to be the only region where regional organizations conducted more operations than the UN.
- NATO remained the biggest deployer of peacekeepers to the region, followed by the EU.
SIPRI Fact Sheet July 2009
- Europe accounted for almost a third of all multilateral peace operations in 2008, but for only 14 % of the personnel deployed.
- All but two operations were linked to conflicts linked to the break-up of the Soviet Union or Yugoslavia.
- Europe was the only region in 2008 where more operations were conducted by regional organizations than by the UN.
- The EU is the only organization to have launched a new peace operation in Europe since 2003.
- The number of NATO peacekeeping troops in Europe was cut by 80 per cent between 1999 and …