the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Jan 2017
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods - Aug 2016
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods and Mudslides - Aug 2015
- South-Eastern Europe: Floods - Feb 2015
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Dec 2014
- FYR Macedonia: Floods - Feb 2013
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Forest Fires - Jul 2007
- Central/Eastern Europe: Heat Wave - Jul 2007
The systematic use of sexual violence as a weapon, mainly against women, is rife in armed conflicts in Africa, Asia and Europe, Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon warned today in his latest report on the scourge, calling for States to strengthen prevention and protection measures against the crime.
"In a number of contemporary conflicts, sexual violence has taken on particularly brutal dimensions, sometimes as means of pursuing military, political, social and economic objectives," Mr.
Le Secrétaire général de l'ONU, Ban Ki-moon, juge alarmant le recours à la violence sexuelle à l'encontre des civils pendant les conflits armés et par la suite, dans un rapport publié lundi.
« La violence sexuelle est profondément déshumanisante, provoque des traumatismes mentaux et physiques intenses et s'accompagne souvent de la peur, de la honte et de la stigmatisation. C'est une méthode de torture bien établie.
Following is the full text of remarks by Deputy Secretary-General Asha-Rose Migiro to the High-Level Meeting on the United Nations and the European Union: Building an Effective Multilateralism, 14 April, in Barcelona, Spain:
It is wonderful and an honour to be with you tonight and join together with Commissioner [Benita Ferrero-] Waldner and others. In today's turbulent world, multilateralism is more important than ever.
Human Rights Council
Ron Redmond - Media Relations
This is a summary of what was said by UNHCR spokesman Ron Redmond - to whom quoted text may be attributed - at today's press briefing at the Palais des Nations in Geneva.
Democratic Republic of Congo
by Jean Philippe Chauzy, IOM Spokesperson
EU Seminar, Norrköping, 1-2 Mar 2001