the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Jan 2017
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods - Aug 2016
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods and Mudslides - Aug 2015
- South-Eastern Europe: Floods - Feb 2015
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Dec 2014
- FYR Macedonia: Floods - Feb 2013
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Forest Fires - Jul 2007
- Central/Eastern Europe: Heat Wave - Jul 2007
Most read reports
- 6 February 2015: Southern Europe -Severe weather
- Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Extreme Winter Condition Emergency Plan of Action (EPoA) DREF Operation n° MDRMK003
- Building National Resilience for Sexual and Reproductive Health: Learning from Current Experiences
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Location Map (2013)
- Macedonia: Flash Floods (19 August 2015)
Broken promises and treating Afghanistan, DR Congo and Iraq like Bosnia has left the EU without the capacity to prevent fragile states from becoming failing states. This is the main finding of the latest report from the European Council on Foreign Relations, published today.
According to the report, Can the EU rebuild failing states?
Daniel Korski & Richard Gowan
New Global Report Finds Child Soldiers In Over 20 Conflicts Worldwide
LONDON - Governments are undermining progress in ending the use of children as soldiers, said a coalition of the world's leading human rights and humanitarian organizations in a newly published report.
The Coalition to Stop the Use of Child Soldiers today released the most comprehensive global survey of child soldiers to date.
Prepared by Norwegian People's Aid
A Global Overview of Internal Displacement
Some 25 million people are now internally displaced due to conflicts that have spread since the Cold War, according to a major new survey published this week. Internally displaced people (IDPs) are a huge humanitarian problem; outnumbering conventional refugees by two-to-one and nearly always receiving less protection, says the four-year survey by the Global IDP Project.
A) Worldwide General Statistics
(Extracted from JRS Dispatches No. 112)
EU Crisis Response - 11 September and the Laeken Summit
Brussels, 29 April 2002: A new briefing paper, EU Crisis Response Capabilities: An Update, finds that the EU has made progress in developing crisis management competence since ICG's initial study ten months ago.* However, its Common Foreign and Security Policy (CFSP) still punches below its weight because member states have not yet mastered the art of speaking with a single voice and given adequate resources to their fledgling European Security and Defence Policy (ESDP).
Twice monthly news bulletin from the Jesuit Refugee Service International office
This complex and fascinating region includes:
Coalition to Stop the Use of Child Soldiers - EMBARGOED FOR TRANSMISSION UNTIL 1400 HRS GMT 12 JUNE 2001
AI Index: POL 10/005/2001
Publish date: 30/05/2001