the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Jan 2017
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods - Aug 2016
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods and Mudslides - Aug 2015
- South-Eastern Europe: Floods - Feb 2015
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Dec 2014
- FYR Macedonia: Floods - Feb 2013
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Forest Fires - Jul 2007
- Central/Eastern Europe: Heat Wave - Jul 2007
Most read reports
- Working Across Borders to Improve Early Warnings in South Eastern Europe
- Factsheet on the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia - Last updated 07/02/2018
- 6 February 2015: Southern Europe -Severe weather
- the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia - Floods - ECHO Daily Map | 08/08/2016
- 3 February 2015: Europe – Severe weather
Conseil de sécurité
6196e séance – matin & après-midi
Dans une nouvelle résolution, il demande que les ressources nécessaires soient allouées à la réponse aux besoins des femmes et des filles dans les situations postconflit
Le Conseil de sécurité a adopté, aujourd'hui, à l'unanimité de ses 15 membres une nouvelle résolution sur les femmes, la paix et la sécurité. Ce texte vient renforcer le volet participation de la résolution 1325 (2000), dont l'ONU célébrera le dixième anniversaire l'année prochaine.
The present report examines the challenges faced by the United Nations and its partners in providing professional mediation assistance to parties in conflict. It describes the need for experienced and knowledgeable mediators and support teams, with women adequately represented, and sufficient resources to provide assistance at an early stage to help parties design and pursue processes that will address the root causes of their conflicts, overcome obstacles that block progress, and achieve agreements that lead to sustainable peace.
4818th Meeting (AM)
Members Stress Need for Clear Mandates, Importance of Humanitarian Efforts, Electoral Assistance, Adequate Resources, Economic Reconstruction
Wrapping up their work for August, members of the Security Council this morning focused on ways of providing better support for United Nations peacekeeping operations in various parts of the world.
4470th Meeting (AM)
Security Council - 2001 Round-Up
Adopts Comprehensive Anti-Terrorism Strategy; Sends West Africa, Great Lakes Missions; Monitors Kosovo, East Timor Progress
I am honored to join you this morning at this very important event, in my capacity as President of the Security Council.
With Unanimous Adoption of Resolution 1296 (2000), Members Extend Concern to Cover Women, Children, Other Vulnerable Groups
The Security Council this afternoon reaffirmed its readiness to adopt appropriate steps to deal with deliberate attacks on civilian populations and other protected persons, as well as with widespread violations of international humanitarian law and of human rights in conflict situations.
Thematic Debates Held on Children and Armed Conflict, Situation of Africa and Post-Conflict Peace-Building
As the Security Council pursued its mandate of securing, establishing and maintaining global peace and security, several issues in 1999 took prominence, among them, the Kosovo conflict in the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia; the question of East Timor, which had remained on the Council's agenda since the 1970s; the conflict in Sierra Leone; and the long-running civil war in Angola, which remains without resolution to date.