the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Jan 2017
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods - Aug 2016
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods and Mudslides - Aug 2015
- South-Eastern Europe: Floods - Feb 2015
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Dec 2014
- FYR Macedonia: Floods - Feb 2013
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Forest Fires - Jul 2007
- Central/Eastern Europe: Heat Wave - Jul 2007
Antimicrobial resistance (AMR) is a critical public health issue globally. If we are to preserve human and animal health, policy interventions and global collaboration are vital to improve our understanding of AMR dynamics and to inform containment and mitigation strategies.
Global Overview DECEMBER 2017
The ECDC Communicable Disease Threats Report (CDTR) is a weekly bulletin for epidemiologists and health professionals on active public health threats. This issue of the ECDC Communicable Disease Threats Report (CDTR) covers the period 8-14 October 2017 and includes updates on Legionnaires' disease, influenza, rubella, measles, West Nile fever, chikungunya, cholera and plague.
Agile, resilient and sustainable supply chains for children
Improving accessibility, bridging financial gaps, generating savings and strengthening supply chains with governments
or 70 years, securing the health and wellbeing of children around the world has been at the heart of everything UNICEF says and does.
In a wide-ranging opening speech to the United Nations Human Rights Council in Geneva, UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Zeid Ra'ad al Hussein sheds a light on "preventable calamities" and worrying trends in human rights around the world, including detailed concerns about the situation in more than 50 countries
Distinguished President of the Council,
Colleagues and friends
The 2015 International Annual Report describes how SOS Children’s Villages around the world supported children and strengthened families and communities in 2015 through community-integrated responses in care, education, health and emergency services.
The 573 SOS Children’s Villages around the world in 2015 are described as ‘care and protection hubs’ for their local communities, as they provided a range of locally-tailored services to support vulnerable children.
10 March 2016
Distinguished President, Excellencies,
Over the past ten days, many delegations have shared with me their alarm about the growing disarray in many countries. And among other issues, I have raised with many of them my concerns about arrests, harassment and spurious prosecutions of journalists, activists, political opponents and human rights defenders.
2014 and 2015 have been two years of strong mobilisation for SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL's teams, who have had to take urgent action regarding too many crises. Feedback on two years of intense campaigns.
Western Balkans - Refugee crisis
• Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia and the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia have applied restrictions to the number of nationalities eligible to enter their territory.
• Figures confirm a sharp decrease in the number of transit (from 7000-8000 to 4000-5000 average daily).
Afghanistan - Earthquake
• 22 November - Earthquake magnitude 5.9 M occurred in Badakhshan province.
October 2015 – Trends
Central African Republic, Israel/Palestine, Macedonia, Republic of Congo, South China Sea, Turkey
November 2015 – Watchlist
- Conflict risk alerts
- Conflict resolution opportunities
August 2015 – Trends
- Deteriorated situations
Afghanistan, Burundi, Central African Republic, Colombia/Venezuela, Guatemala, Kashmir, Lebanon, Nepal, Yemen
- Improved situations
Guinea, South Sudan, Sri Lanka
September 2015 – Watchlist
- Conflict risk alerts
Colombia/Venezuela, Guatemala, Iraq, Nepal, Yemen
Conflict resolution opportunities
Caribbean - Tropical Cyclone ERIKA
• ERIKA continues moving north-west as a Tropical Storm. On 27 August, at 9.00 UTC, its centre was located between Grand Terre of Guadeloupe and the island of Antigua.
• Over the next 24h, ERIKA’s intensity may slightly increase, but will remain a Tropical Storm. Its centre is forecast to pass near or over portions of the Leeward Islands and the British Virgin Islands on 27 August and near or north of Puerto Rico early on 28 August UTC.
SUMMARY OF OPERATIONS
6 EUCP teams
4 EUCP experts associated to UNEP/UNOCHA missions
In total 35 EUCP Experts, along with 7 ERCC LO
18 Modules to Nepal
(Mainly search and rescue, module camps, medical post, and water purification)
Eu Voluntary Pool Of Assets Mobilized And Deployed
1 FFFP module to Greece
1 Laboratory to Guinea
2 Ebola Medevac Assets
The West Balkan region consists of Albania and the former states of Yugoslavia (Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia/ FYROM, Montenegro, Serbia, and Kosovo). Kosovo declared independence from Serbia in February 2008. To this date it has been recognized by 70 states, including the United States.
This report covers the period 1 January 2009 to 31 December 2009
Programme purpose: Federation-supported programme areas in 2009 were disaster management, health and care, organizational development and participatory community development.