the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Jan 2017
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods - Aug 2016
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods and Mudslides - Aug 2015
- South-Eastern Europe: Floods - Feb 2015
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Dec 2014
- FYR Macedonia: Floods - Feb 2013
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Forest Fires - Jul 2007
- Central/Eastern Europe: Heat Wave - Jul 2007
Most read reports
- Working Across Borders to Improve Early Warnings in South Eastern Europe
- Factsheet on the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia - Last updated 07/02/2018
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Location Map (2013)
- the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia - Floods - ECHO Daily Map | 08/08/2016
- Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Extreme Winter Condition Emergency Plan of Action (EPoA) DREF Operation n° MDRMK003
Source: IWPR and Saferworld
Disarming civilians in Albania, Kosovo and Macedonia means making them see guns are a threat to security, not a guarantee.
By David Quin, Vladimir Jovanovski and Ana Petruseva in Macedonia; Naser Miftari, Artan Mustafa and Jeta Xharra in Kosovo; and Ilir Aliaj and Lazar Semini in Albania (BCR No 470, 27-Nov-03)
Sweat pours down Emin Limani's face as he picks up gun after gun - and then shovels them into a furnace. He's melting them down as part of a scheme to disarm Kosovo.
In an exclusive interview with MIA news agency, Russian Ambassador to Macedonia Agaron Asatur said in Skopje on 23 September that an international conference dealing with borders in Southeast Europe should be convened. The purpose would be to fix the existing borders in the region once and for all and to regulate the status of national minorities, Asatur said.
SG/Inf (2003) 30 23 July 2003
June 2003 in Tirana
1. Prime Minister Fatos Nano and President Alfred Moisiu praised the results of the EU Summit in Thessaloniki. At a press conference on 21 June, the two said "a worthy representation of the country's entire efforts towards EU membership was successfully crowned" at the summit. Mr Nano also promised to step up efforts in fighting organised crime, corruption and trafficking
Talks on the Stabilisation and Association Agreement
SG/Inf(2003)26 30 June 2003
May 2003 in Tirana
1. Albania's electoral reform is an ongoing process. Packages with amendments to the electoral code will be discussed in Parliament during the first week of June.
EU negotiations for the SAA and for the readmission agreement
SG/Inf(2003)18 6 May 2003
March 2003 in Tirana
Parliamentary committee on the municipality of Tirana
1. A parliamentary committee to investigate the use of public funds by the municipality of Tirana and the Ministry of Culture during 1992-2002 was set up following a long debate within and outside Parliament. It began its activities during the last week of the month. A sharp dispute immediately arose, brought about by the lack of co-operation between the municipality and the members of the committee.
SG/Inf(2003)22 23 April 2003
April 2003 in Tirana
1. The reform of the electoral system, started by the parliamentary bi-partisan committee, whose mandate ended on 7 April, has not yet been completed. However, the bi-partisan committee found an agreement on all the recommendations made by ODIHR. The still unsolved issue, to be decided in Parliament, remains the composition of the Central Electoral Commission and of the other electoral commissions.
New Party launched by Milo
SG/Inf(2003)17 14 April 2003
February 2003 in Tirana
EU negotiations on the Stabilisation and Association Agreement
Szeged, 28.03.2003 - Walter Schwimmer, Secretary General of the Council of Europe, has warmly welcomed commitments from four Southeast European countries to continue to strengthen security and the process of democratic reform in the region.
The Working Group on the Western Balkans held today a comprehensive discussion on the Refugees and IDPs in S/E Europe, initiated by the Presidency. The exchange of views that followed was based on the relevant text circulated by the Greek Presidency.
Prepared by Norwegian People's Aid
Tirana, 12 - 13 December 2002