the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Jan 2017
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods - Aug 2016
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods and Mudslides - Aug 2015
- South-Eastern Europe: Floods - Feb 2015
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Dec 2014
- FYR Macedonia: Floods - Feb 2013
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Forest Fires - Jul 2007
- Central/Eastern Europe: Heat Wave - Jul 2007
Most read reports
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Location Map (2013)
- 6 February 2015: Southern Europe -Severe weather
- Factsheet on the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia - Last updated 07/02/2018
- Building National Resilience for Sexual and Reproductive Health: Learning from Current Experiences
- UNICEF Refugee and Migrant Crisis in Europe: Regional Humanitarian Situation Report #13, 12 July 2016
RED CROSS & RED CRESCENT INFORMATION - October-November 1999
This report is published as a general update on Red Cross/Red Crescent activities in response to the Balkans crisis, primarily for the Movement's components and supporters. This text is also found on the Internet at www.ifrc.org and www.icrc.org
Federal Republic of Yugoslavia
From News From PHR, Vol. 1, Issue 15
Text on Central America also Approved; UN Self-Examination Welcomed as Debate Begins on Situation in Bosnia and Herzergovina
The General Assembly this afternoon adopted resolutions calling for special economic assistance to individual countries or regions, assistance to the Palestinian people, enhanced cooperation between the United Nations and the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE), procedures to establish a firm and lasting peace in Central America and general and complete disarmament on the issue of small arms.
U.S. AGENCY FOR INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
BUREAU FOR HUMANITARIAN RESPONSE (BHR)
OFFICE OF U.S. FOREIGN DISASTER ASSISTANCE (OFDA)
The USAID/OFDA-funded distribution of emergency shelter kits is complete, with 100 percent of the material received by implementing partners in Kosovo and 100 percent delivered to beneficiaries.
COMMISSION OF THE EUROPEAN COMMUNITIES
COM(1999) 661 final
Geneva, 8 December 1999
EMOP 6136.00 - Food assistance to refugees, IDPs and social cases in the Balkan region
Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe
Geneva, 3 December 1999
This is a summary of what was said by the UNHCR spokesperson at today's press briefing at the Palais des Nations. Quoted text from this briefing note may be attributed to the UNHCR spokesperson named below
From Weekly News 45/99
UNICEF continues to support education, health, mine awareness-raising and psychosocial activities in Kosovo, Albania, the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Serbia and Montenegro.
Press Release - SC/6759
Security Council Told Key is Effective Deterrent Action; As Debate Begins, 23 Nations Also Present Views on United Nations Role
The international community needed to move "from a culture of reaction to a culture of prevention", Secretary-General Kofi Annan said this afternoon in an open Security Council debate on the prevention of armed conflict.
OVERVIEW: DISPLACEMENT OLD AND NEW
The Deputy Special Representative of the Secretary-General for Economic Development and Reconstruction in Kosovo, Joly Dixon, this week met with Macedonian Trade Minister Nikola Gruevski to discuss measures to ease traffic congestion at the border crossing between Kosovo and Macedonia.
The EU has been observing attentively the development of the recent process of presidential elections in Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, whose results are currently under review by the constitutional institutions.
How much is required?