the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Jan 2017
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods - Aug 2016
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods and Mudslides - Aug 2015
- South-Eastern Europe: Floods - Feb 2015
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Dec 2014
- FYR Macedonia: Floods - Feb 2013
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Forest Fires - Jul 2007
- Central/Eastern Europe: Heat Wave - Jul 2007
Arrivals in the Mediterranean from 01 January until 30 June 2017 total 102,847 (Greece, Italy, Spain and Cyprus, including arrivals to the Canary Islands and by land to Spain). This compares to 231,075 for the same period in 2016. In the first half of the year, 9,286 persons arrived in Greece by sea (158,377 arrived during same period in 2016, a decrease by 94%).
Background and context
Refugee emergency in Europe: UNHCR appeals for USD 128 million
New research commissioned by AusAID highlights the urgent need for increased action to prevent sexual violence during conflict and after crises. Hundreds of thousands of women are affected by sexual violence during conflict, and many more are at risk.
President Bush signed the Senator Paul Simon Water for the Poor Act of 2005 (the Act) on December 1, 2005. The Act sets out as a central goal the provision of affordable and equitable access to safe water and sanitation in developing countries as a key component of U.S. foreign assistance programs. It requires the Secretary of State, in consultation with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and other U.S.
The Global Appeal 2007
UNHCR's Global Appeal is published yearly to alert governmental and private sector donors, Executive Committee (ExCom) members and Standing Committee observers, Governments and their Permanent Missions in Geneva, the UN Secretariat, UN agencies, intergovernmental agencies, NGOs, regional organizations and other institutions and interested individuals to the plight of millions of refugees and others of concern to UNHCR.