the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Jan 2017
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods - Aug 2016
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods and Mudslides - Aug 2015
- South-Eastern Europe: Floods - Feb 2015
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Dec 2014
- FYR Macedonia: Floods - Feb 2013
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Forest Fires - Jul 2007
- Central/Eastern Europe: Heat Wave - Jul 2007
Global Overview MAY 2018
Global Overview APRIL 2018
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
Sixty-fourth General Assembly
38th & 39th Meetings (AM & PM)
High Commissioner for Refugees Says Trends Causing Crises to Multiply; Means Humanitarian Action Operating in Difficult International Environment
Five "mega-trends" -- population growth, urbanization, climate change, migration and food, water and energy insecurity –- made contemporary forms of displacement increasingly complex, the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees told the Third Committee (Social, Humanitarian and Cultural) today.
1. A significant increase in the numbers of persons of concern to UNHCR brought new challenges in 2006. While there was a 14 per cent increase in refugee numbers from the previous year, the Office's involvement, together with other humanitarian partners, in protecting and assisting internally displaced persons (IDPs) under the inter-agency cluster approach, resulted in a doubling of IDP figures. Thanks to better data capturing, many more stateless people have been identified, also swelling numbers.
President Bush signed the Senator Paul Simon Water for the Poor Act of 2005 (the Act) on December 1, 2005. The Act sets out as a central goal the provision of affordable and equitable access to safe water and sanitation in developing countries as a key component of U.S. foreign assistance programs. It requires the Secretary of State, in consultation with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and other U.S.
The Global Appeal 2007
UNHCR's Global Appeal is published yearly to alert governmental and private sector donors, Executive Committee (ExCom) members and Standing Committee observers, Governments and their Permanent Missions in Geneva, the UN Secretariat, UN agencies, intergovernmental agencies, NGOs, regional organizations and other institutions and interested individuals to the plight of millions of refugees and others of concern to UNHCR.
CROP AND FOOD SUPPLY SITUATION
(Extracted from JRS Dispatches No. 136)
This report includes:
A) Worldwide General Statistics
(Extracted from JRS Dispatches No. 112)
Mr Poul Nielson
European Commissioner for Development and Humanitarian Aid
(A) West and Central Asia: (1) Regional overview, (2) Afghanistan, (3) Pakistan, (4) Iran, (5) Tajikistan
(1) Regional overview
I am honored to join you this morning at this very important event, in my capacity as President of the Security Council.
This report includes: (A) Global WFP Funding (B) Central Asia: (1) Afghanistan, (2) Pakistan, (3) Iran, (4) Tajikistan (C) Central Africa Region: (1) Angola, (2) Namibia, (3) Democratic Republic of Congo (D) West Africa Region: (1) Regional overview, (2) Sierra Leone (E) East and Southern Africa Region: (1) Kenya, (2) Tanzania (F) Latin America and Caribbean Region: (1) Regional overview, (2) Honduras, (3) Nicaragua, (4) Belize, (5) Guatemala (G) Eastern Europe Region: (1) Kosovo, (2) Serbia, (3) fYRo Macedonia, (4) Montenegro, (5) Albania
This report includes: (A) West and Central Asia Region: (1) Afghanistan, (2) Pakistan, (3) Iran (B) Asia Region: Cambodia (C) Latin America and Caribbean Region: (1) El Salvador, (2) Guatemala, (3) Nicaragua, (4) Peru, (5) Ecuador (D) East and Southern Africa Region: (1) Sudan, (2) Eritrea, (3) Burundi, (4) Tanzania, (5) Mozambique (E) Central Africa Region: (1) Angola, (2) Democratic Republic of Congo, (3) Republic of Congo (F) West Africa Region: (1) Liberia, (2) Guinea (G) Eastern Europe Region: (1) Balkans, (2) Russian Federation