the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Jan 2017
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods - Aug 2016
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods and Mudslides - Aug 2015
- South-Eastern Europe: Floods - Feb 2015
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Dec 2014
- FYR Macedonia: Floods - Feb 2013
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Forest Fires - Jul 2007
- Central/Eastern Europe: Heat Wave - Jul 2007
The global burden of Improvised Explosive Devices
Iain Overton and Jennifer Dathan
There is no day that goes past without the impact of an improvised explosive device (IED) making headlines around the world. Of all explosive weapons used, the IED is the most widespread, the most harmful and the most pernicious. Based on the belief that to overcome a problem, we must first understand it, this monitor is a small step in seeking to address the terrible realities of today.
It is a monitor that is, also, a response to a call to action.
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.