the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Jan 2017
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods - Aug 2016
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods and Mudslides - Aug 2015
- South-Eastern Europe: Floods - Feb 2015
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Dec 2014
- FYR Macedonia: Floods - Feb 2013
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Forest Fires - Jul 2007
- Central/Eastern Europe: Heat Wave - Jul 2007
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
This report covers the period 01.01.2012 to 31.12.2012
New research commissioned by AusAID highlights the urgent need for increased action to prevent sexual violence during conflict and after crises. Hundreds of thousands of women are affected by sexual violence during conflict, and many more are at risk.
This report covers the period 01/01/2011 to 31/12/2011.
In brief Examples of the CBF impact (more in annex):
Red Cross society of China, Hennan Province
After only two years of implementation of Intensified Capacity Building (ICB) in Hennan Province, the branch has recorded impressive achievements:
• The new structure benefitted 7,000 people through sustainable services
• Grassroots Red Cross organisations have increased from 90 to 3,100
• The number of volunteers increased from 10,000 to 30,000, and staff from 100 to 8,000
1. A significant increase in the numbers of persons of concern to UNHCR brought new challenges in 2006. While there was a 14 per cent increase in refugee numbers from the previous year, the Office's involvement, together with other humanitarian partners, in protecting and assisting internally displaced persons (IDPs) under the inter-agency cluster approach, resulted in a doubling of IDP figures. Thanks to better data capturing, many more stateless people have been identified, also swelling numbers.
The Global Appeal 2007
UNHCR's Global Appeal is published yearly to alert governmental and private sector donors, Executive Committee (ExCom) members and Standing Committee observers, Governments and their Permanent Missions in Geneva, the UN Secretariat, UN agencies, intergovernmental agencies, NGOs, regional organizations and other institutions and interested individuals to the plight of millions of refugees and others of concern to UNHCR.
This report includes:
This report includes: (A) Global WFP Funding (B) Central Asia: (1) Afghanistan, (2) Pakistan, (3) Iran, (4) Tajikistan (C) Central Africa Region: (1) Angola, (2) Namibia, (3) Democratic Republic of Congo (D) West Africa Region: (1) Regional overview, (2) Sierra Leone (E) East and Southern Africa Region: (1) Kenya, (2) Tanzania (F) Latin America and Caribbean Region: (1) Regional overview, (2) Honduras, (3) Nicaragua, (4) Belize, (5) Guatemala (G) Eastern Europe Region: (1) Kosovo, (2) Serbia, (3) fYRo Macedonia, (4) Montenegro, (5) Albania
Kris Janowski - Media Relations
Strengthening of the coordination of emergency humanitarian assistance of the United Nations
This report includes: (A) Resource situation for EMOPS and PRROs (B) Caucasus: (1) Northern Caucasus, (2) Georgia (C) West and Central Asia: (1) Afghanistan, (2) Pakistan, (3) Tajikistan (D) Balkans: (1) Kosovo, (2) Serbia, (3) Montenegro, (4) FYRoM, (5) Albania (E) Southern Africa: (1) Angola, (2) Namibia (F) Horn of Africa: (1) Ethiopia, (2) Eritrea, (3) Kenya) (G) Great Lakes (1) Tanzania, (2) Burundi (H) West Africa Coastal: (1) Guinea, (2) Liberia (I) Latin America and Caribbean: (1) El Salvador, (2) Bolivia, (3) Peru
(A) Resource situation for EMOPS and PRROs
This report includes:
(A) FYR of Macedonia
(B) West and Central Asia: (1) Afghanistan, (2) Pakistan (3) Iran, (4) Georgia
(C) Northern Caucasus: (1) Ingushetia, (2) Chechnya
(D) Horn of Africa: (1) Ethiopia, (2) Kenya, (3) Eritrea
(E) Southern Africa: (1) Malawi, (2) Angola, (3) Namibia
(F) West Africa Coastal: (1) Guinea, (2) Sierra Leone
(G) Latin America and Caribbean: (1) El Salvador, (2) Bolivia, (3) Peru, (4) Dominican Republic
(H) Emergency Response Roster