the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Jan 2017
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods - Aug 2016
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods and Mudslides - Aug 2015
- South-Eastern Europe: Floods - Feb 2015
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Dec 2014
- FYR Macedonia: Floods - Feb 2013
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Forest Fires - Jul 2007
- Central/Eastern Europe: Heat Wave - Jul 2007
Most read reports
On 25 October, President Juncker convened a Leaders Meeting on refugee flows along the Western Balkans route to address the unfolding emergency situation.
The objective was to improve cooperation, step up consultation between the countries along the route and take pragmatic operational measures to tackle the refugee crisis. Leaders representing Albania, Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Romania, Serbia and Slovenia agreed on a 17-point Action Plan.
Frontex will strengthen its existing operation on the Greek islands in the Aegean and will assist in the registration and fingerprinting of migrants at Greek land borders with the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia and Albania. It will also reinforce its presence at Croatia’s border with Serbia.
Brussels, 27 August 2015
For candidate countries (Albania, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Turkey) and potential candidates (Bosnia and Herzegovina and Kosovo), the EU provides both financial and technical support.
The aim of this support is to help the beneficiaries make political and economic reforms and to help them meet the obligations necessary for membership of the EU.
This is done primarily through the Instrument for Pre-accession Assistance (IPA).