the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Jan 2017
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods - Aug 2016
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods and Mudslides - Aug 2015
- South-Eastern Europe: Floods - Feb 2015
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Dec 2014
- FYR Macedonia: Floods - Feb 2013
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Forest Fires - Jul 2007
- Central/Eastern Europe: Heat Wave - Jul 2007
Most read reports
- Working Across Borders to Improve Early Warnings in South Eastern Europe
- Factsheet on the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia - Last updated 07/02/2018
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Location Map (2013)
- the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia - Floods - ECHO Daily Map | 08/08/2016
- Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Extreme Winter Condition Emergency Plan of Action (EPoA) DREF Operation n° MDRMK003
1.1 Strategic Overview
The 2018 Europe Regional Migration Plan is being published on the heels of the November 2017 Red Cross Red Crescent Statutory meetings in Antalya, which reaffirmed that migration will remain one of the most important issues of our time, and set a benchmark for the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement’s long-standing work and humanitarian approach to migration.
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is appealing for US$421.2 million to help provide meaningful alternatives to refugees and others undertaking dangerous journeys to Europe.
The number of refugees and migrants arriving in Europe from Africa through Libya is increasing and, with it, the risks they face crossing the Sahara Desert and the Mediterranean Sea. In the first six months of this year, 2,171 refugees and migrants died or went missing in the Central Mediterranean, many others are believed to have died trying to cross into Libya.
Background and context
Total affected population: 371,0002
Total affected children (under 18): 141,0003
Total people to be reached in 2016:* 219,000
Total children to be reached in 2016: 141,0004
2016 programme targets
25,000 children vaccinated with priority vaccines through campaigns led by the government of Greece
IOM Launches Updated Response Plan for Mediterranean and Beyond
Switzerland - IOM has released an update to its June 2015 response plan “Addressing Complex Migration Flows in the Mediterranean.” It includes a series of proposed interventions to be implemented through December 2016, some of which are already underway, others are still at the planning stage.
Refugee emergency in Europe: UNHCR appeals for USD 128 million
UNICEF is appealing for US$14 million to respond to the refugee and migrant crisis in Europe, with US$6.5 urgently needed for the immediate response in the next 6 months.
A total of USD 30.5 million is requested from June 2015 to December 2016 for the initial response plan for the refugee crisis in Europe (RCE), in the affected countries of Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cyprus, France (Calais), Greece, Hungary, Italy, Malta, Serbia, Spain, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, and Turkey.