- Tropical Storm Nate - Oct 2017
- Mexico: Earthquakes - Sep 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Central America: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Latin America: Storm Surge - May 2015
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Jul 2014
- Central America: Drought - 2014-2017
- Mexico: Tropical Storms Ingrid and Manuel - Sep 2013
- Central America: Dengue Outbreak - 2013-2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- México activa Plan de Atención a Caravana Migrante con visión humanitaria
- The ripple effect: economic impacts of internal displacement - Lost production due to internal displacement: the 2017 earthquake in Mexico
- Climate Change Threatens Mexico’s Atlantic Coast
- OIM encuestó a migrantes centroamericanos que aún permanecen en Tijuana después de las caravanas de 2018
- Central American women find safety and strength in mural painting
Mexico City/Guatemala (dpa) - Guatemalan authorities were set Monday to declare several buried villages as graveyards following a week of heavy rains that have devastated parts of Central America and Mexico and left thousands dead.
Mexico City (dpa) - More than 200 people have died in Central America from flooding and mudslides triggered by the remnants of Hurricane Stan.
One mudslide in Guatemala killed 56 Thursday, bringing the death toll in that country to about 140. Hundreds of others were still reported missing in the area that was devastated by the torrential downpours.
Floods and mudslides have also killed at least 73 in El Salvador, 15 in Mexico and nine in Nicaragua. Tens of thousands of people had to flee their homes.