- Tropical Storm Nate - Oct 2017
- Mexico: Earthquakes - Sep 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Central America: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Latin America: Storm Surge - May 2015
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Jul 2014
- Central America: Drought - 2014-2017
- Mexico: Tropical Storms Ingrid and Manuel - Sep 2013
- Central America: Dengue Outbreak - 2013-2014
Most read reports
- Informe sobre la situación humanitaria de la infancia y la adolescencia a un año de los terremotos en México
- Remembering and Rebuilding on the Anniversary of Mexico's 2017 Earthquake
- Abductions and violence, the price to pay to cross Mexico
- Reporte de Situación Humanitaria Global - Desde el 11 al 17 de septiembre de 2018
- A un año de los sismos, la ONU-DH llama a proteger los derechos humanos en emergencias humanitarias y procesos de reconstrucción
Mexico City (dpa) - Heavy rains in the past several days in Mexico have forced thousands out of their homes in the southeastern part of the country because of floods and landslides, officials said Tuesday.
An alert was still in effect as Mexico braced for further onslaughts from several storm systems in what has been a particularly intense rainy season compounded by a hurricane season with numerous storms.
Tropical depression Larry left a swathe of destruction in Chiapas state, on the border with Guatemala.
Mexico City (dpa) - The death toll from Hurricane Marty rose to 10 with many communities in northwestern Mexico stranded and lacking electricity and drinking water, reports said Wednesday.
Mexico City (dpa) - Six people were killed and several were missing after Hurricane Marty passed through Mexico's Pacific coast region, officials and television reports said Tuesday.
Now downgraded to a tropical storm, Marty continued to lose strength over the Gulf of California. The storm on Monday battered the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula with sustained winds of 160 kilometres per hour.
Marty killed three people in Baja California and another in Sinaloa state. Televisa reported Tuesday that two people on a boat off Sonora state had died.
Mexico City (dpa) - Hurricane Ignacio was at a virtual standstill Monday just 45 kilometres from La Paz, in Mexico's Baja California peninsula, where it was causing heavy rains and four-metre wave swells.
Earlier, authorities moved 13,000 people to safety from the storm while it was over the Gulf of California.
Mexico City (dpa) - Authorities moved 13,000 people to safety Monday in Mexico's Baja California as Hurricane Ignacio was bringing heavy rains and threatening the peninsula with winds of 150 kilometres per hour and gusts up to 185 kilometres per hour.
The storm, lying over the Gulf of California close to the city of La Paz, was also affecting the Mexican coastal state of Sinaloa, where about 500 people were evacuated, the Mexican weather service said.
Mexico City (dpa) - A tropical storm continued to drift toward Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula early Thursday.
Tropical Storm Claudette churned through the central Caribbean overnight Wednesday, having already passed south of the island of Jamaica and likely to similarly miss Grand Cayman.
According to the Mexican weather service, the centre of the storm was still kilometres east of the peninsula, with wind speeds reaching 100 kilometres per hour. Tropical storm warnings were issued across Mexico's Caribbean coast.