- Tropical Storm Nate - Oct 2017
- Mexico: Earthquakes - Sep 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Central America: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Latin America: Storm Surge - May 2015
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Jul 2014
- Central America: Drought - 2014-2017
- Mexico: Tropical Storms Ingrid and Manuel - Sep 2013
- Central America: Dengue Outbreak - 2013-2014
Stockholm_(dpa) _ Mexico, the United States and Canada still account for the majority of the 2,217 confirmed novel influenza A(H1N1) cases worldwide, the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) said Thursday.
Mexico had as of Thursday reported 1,112 confirmed cases, the United States had 745 and Canada had 201 cases.
"Globally the situation remained pretty much the same as what we have seen in the last updates," Denis Coloumbier, head of the ECDC preparedness and response unit, said at a briefing.
Compared to Wednesday, an additional 170 confirmed cases …
San Jose, Costa Rica_(dpa) _ Floods on Thursday continued to cause deaths and leave damage across Central America, the Caribbean and Mexico after days of heavy rains.
The Costa Rican government said Thursday 19 people had died in flooding and Wednesday declared a national state of emergency.
In Nicaragua, authorities said Thursday that the floods had claimed nine lives and six other people remained missing.