- Tropical Storm Nate - Oct 2017
- Mexico: Earthquakes - Sep 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Central America: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Latin America: Storm Surge - May 2015
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Jul 2014
- Central America: Drought - 2014-2017
- Mexico: Tropical Storms Ingrid and Manuel - Sep 2013
- Central America: Dengue Outbreak - 2013-2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Sustainable Reintegration: Strategies to Support Migrants Returning to Mexico and Central America
- IOM Monitors Caravans of Central American Migrants, Supports Voluntary Returns
- Cambio climático amenaza la costa atlántica mexicana
- Building dignified reception conditions and local community resilience: An example from Mexico
- Response to arrivals of asylum-seekers from the North of Central America, 14 November 2018 12h00
Washington (dpa) - Hurricane Wilma rapidly picked up speed early Wednesday and has become the most intense storm on record in the Atlantic, the National Hurricane Center said.
Mexico City (dpa) - A tropical storm continued to drift toward Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula early Thursday.
Tropical Storm Claudette churned through the central Caribbean overnight Wednesday, having already passed south of the island of Jamaica and likely to similarly miss Grand Cayman.
According to the Mexican weather service, the centre of the storm was still kilometres east of the peninsula, with wind speeds reaching 100 kilometres per hour. Tropical storm warnings were issued across Mexico's Caribbean coast.