- Tropical Storm Nate - Oct 2017
- Mexico: Earthquakes - Sep 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Central America: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Latin America: Storm Surge - May 2015
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Jul 2014
- Central America: Drought - 2014-2017
- Mexico: Tropical Storms Ingrid and Manuel - Sep 2013
- Central America: Dengue Outbreak - 2013-2014
Most read (last 30 days)
- La Unión Europea destina 158,575 euros para que niñas y niños puedan volver a clases en México
- Mexico Earthquake Humanitarian Situation Report No. 9 - 24 November 2017
- City Square Transforms into Health Clinic After Mexico Earthquake
- Zeid urges Mexico not to pass proposed internal security law
- Episcopal Relief & Development responds to earthquakes in Mexico
Baptist World Aid (BWAid) has sent an initial sum of US$10,000 to aid victims of flooding in Mexico.
The floods, rising to as high as 19 feet, occurred last week when the Grijalva River burst its banks in Tabasco in southern Mexico, and have displaced approximately 800,000 persons.
"Because of the heavy rains and the flood, the people have lost all their belongings - houses, vehicles, food, clothes, and personal items," C.P. Raul Castellanos Fernandez, Chief Executive Officer of the National Baptist Convention of Mexico (CNBM), said.