- Tropical Storm Nate - Oct 2017
- Mexico: Earthquakes - Sep 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Central America: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Latin America: Storm Surge - May 2015
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Jul 2014
- Central America: Drought - 2014-2017
- Mexico: Tropical Storms Ingrid and Manuel - Sep 2013
- Central America: Dengue Outbreak - 2013-2014
Most read (last 30 days)
- Mexico: Address Chiapas Displacement Crisis
- Evaluación del impacto socioeconómico de las inversiones en prevención y reducción de riesgos: El caso de Tabasco
- Mexico Earthquakes Humanitarian Situation Report - Three Month Review, 19 December 2017
- Los niños afectados por los terremotos aún necesitan protección, apoyo psicoemocional y regresar a clases: no los perdamos de vista durante las fiestas
- Daily life and death on the U.S.-Mexico border
Mexico's President Ernesto Zedillo says that people may soon begin starving to death in *Oaxaca state on the Pacific coast which was badly hit by Hurricane Pauline.
He says the government is working on an emergency footing to get food into remote mountain communities which had been cut off by the storm, but that the risk remains.
of Hurricane Pauline on Mexico's Pacific coast are facing shortages of
food and water and rapidly inflating prices.
hit last Thursday killing at least two-hundred people and destroying houses
and farmlands along the coast before slamming into the city of Acapulco.
consumer protection official in the city says shopkeepers are charging
percent more than usual for water, 500 percent more for tortillas, and 200 percent