- Tropical Storm Nate - Oct 2017
- Mexico: Earthquakes - Sep 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Central America: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Latin America: Storm Surge - May 2015
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Jul 2014
- Central America: Drought - 2014-2017
- Mexico: Tropical Storms Ingrid and Manuel - Sep 2013
- Central America: Dengue Outbreak - 2013-2014
Bern, 21.09.2017 - On Tuesday, a powerful 7.1-magnitude earthquake caused major damage and claimed many lives in Mexico. The epicentre was about a hundred kilometres south of Mexico City. Switzerland immediately offered to help and is sending structural engineers to the affected areas at the request of the Mexican authorities.
FONDEN, Mexico’s Fund for Natural Disasters, was established in the late 1990s as a mechanism to support the rapid rehabilitation of federal and state infrastructure affected by adverse natural events. FONDEN was first created as a budget line in the Federal Expenditure Budget of 1996, and became operational in 1999.