- Tropical Storm Nate - Oct 2017
- Mexico: Earthquakes - Sep 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Central America: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Latin America: Storm Surge - May 2015
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Jul 2014
- Central America: Drought - 2014-2017
- Mexico: Tropical Storms Ingrid and Manuel - Sep 2013
- Central America: Dengue Outbreak - 2013-2014
Most read (last 30 days)
- La Unión Europea destina 158,575 euros para que niñas y niños puedan volver a clases en México
- Mexico Earthquake Humanitarian Situation Report No. 9 - 24 November 2017
- Mexico: MSF ends emergency response after the earthquakes
- City Square Transforms into Health Clinic After Mexico Earthquake
- Zeid urges Mexico not to pass proposed internal security law
Rome, January 22, 2008 - "The Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs through the Directorate General for Cooperation and Development has contributed with a financial amount of 100.000 euros to UNICEF in response to urgent humanitarian assistance for the children of the Region of Tabasco, in Mexico, struck by the damages of the floods of last November.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has arranged for a contribution of 50,000 euro, through its Directorate General for Development Cooperation, to IFRCS (International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies) in response to the massive damage caused by the recent floods in Mexico.
Italy's contribution will be used by the Federation to respond to the humanitarian emergency, and envisages the supply of emergency medicines, food and shelter to the populations affected.
With this contribution Italy places among the first countries to respond to IFRCS appeals.