- Tropical Storm Nate - Oct 2017
- Mexico: Earthquake - Sep 2017
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Sep 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Central America: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Latin America: Storm Surge - May 2015
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Jul 2014
- Central America: Drought - 2014-2017
- Mexico: Tropical Storms Ingrid and Manuel - Sep 2013
Hurricane Patricia, with sustained wind peaking up to 325 kph, has become the strongest hurricane ever recorded in Eastern Pacific and Atlantic Regions. It has finally made landfall as a Category 5 (Saffir-Simpson Scale) in Mexico yesterday evening with slightly weakened intensity. Based on media reports, the fierce wind has lashed many cities in the coast and it continued to move to the inner parts of Mexico. The AHA Centre Disaster Monitoring and Response System (DMRS) also showed the power of the hurricane to generate severe and widespread damage to properties.
Over the weekend, governments and health authorities worldwide went on the alert brought about by outbreaks of Swine Influenza in humans.