- Tropical Storm Nate - Oct 2017
- Mexico: Earthquake - Sep 2017
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Sep 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Central America: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Latin America: Storm Surge - May 2015
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Jul 2014
- Central America: Drought - 2014-2017
- Mexico: Tropical Storms Ingrid and Manuel - Sep 2013
San Salvador, 24 October 2015
1. Brief description of the emergency and impact
Hurricane Patricia had reached 320 kms per hour as maximum sustained wind speed converted in the most powerful hurricane ever recorded when it reached the Pacific Mexican coasts on Friday evening, downgrading gradually to tropical storm when heading to northwest Mexican territory.
By Thomas Ekelund
Torrential rains in Central America have killed 81 people in the past week, with 25 lives lost in El Salvador alone since Saturday, where people are fleeing from their homes en masse, over 150,000 are affected and 15,000 are in shelters.