- Tropical Storm Nate - Oct 2017
- Mexico: Earthquakes - Sep 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Central America: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Latin America: Storm Surge - May 2015
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Jul 2014
- Central America: Drought - 2014-2017
- Mexico: Tropical Storms Ingrid and Manuel - Sep 2013
- Central America: Dengue Outbreak - 2013-2014
Most read reports
- Uprooted in Central America and Mexico: Migrant and refugee children face a vicious cycle of hardship and danger
- Autoridades mexicanas desarrollan protocolo para identificar y atender migrantes víctimas de trata
- Mexico: An unsafe country for thousands of refugees fleeing violence in Central America
- Dia Mundial del Refugiado: México no es país seguro para miles de migrantes y refugiados
- Panorama educativo de la población indígena y afrodescendiente 2017
(Ottawa, October 14, 2005) The Canadian Red Cross announced an additional $100,000 for Hurricane Stan relief efforts in Central America from Canadian donations.
When the disaster struck, the Canadian Red Cross responded immediately with a $200,000 contribution - of which $150,000 came from CIDA. Funds collected from this appeal will provide survivors with food, blankets, kitchen kits, hygiene kits, and clean-up kits.
(Ottawa, October 7, 2005) - The Canadian Red Cross has contributed $200,000 to support the relief operations for Hurricane Stan, of which $150,000 is from the Canadian International Development Agency.
Thousands of people are in desperate need of food, clean water and shelter, after Hurricane Stan caused flooding and landslides in Guatemala, Honduras, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Mexico, Belize and Haiti.
The flood waters have forced thousands of people to evacuate from their homes. Infrastructure and crops have been seriously damaged.