- Tropical Storm Nate - Oct 2017
- Mexico: Earthquakes - Sep 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Central America: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Latin America: Storm Surge - May 2015
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Jul 2014
- Central America: Drought - 2014-2017
- Mexico: Tropical Storms Ingrid and Manuel - Sep 2013
- Central America: Dengue Outbreak - 2013-2014
Most read (last 30 days)
- La ONU-DH condena nuevo ataque armado a comunidades tzotziles desplazadas forzosamente en Aldama, Chiapas
- Mexico Earthquakes Humanitarian Situation Report Six Month Review - March 2018
- ACNUR facilita el acceso a tarjetas de prepago a solicitantes de asilo en México
- Mexico Peace Index 2018: Mapping the evolution of peace and its drivers
- Noruega se solidariza con refugiados del Norte de Centroamérica
(Ottawa, October 14, 2005) The Canadian Red Cross announced an additional $100,000 for Hurricane Stan relief efforts in Central America from Canadian donations.
When the disaster struck, the Canadian Red Cross responded immediately with a $200,000 contribution - of which $150,000 came from CIDA. Funds collected from this appeal will provide survivors with food, blankets, kitchen kits, hygiene kits, and clean-up kits.
(Ottawa, October 7, 2005) - The Canadian Red Cross has contributed $200,000 to support the relief operations for Hurricane Stan, of which $150,000 is from the Canadian International Development Agency.
Thousands of people are in desperate need of food, clean water and shelter, after Hurricane Stan caused flooding and landslides in Guatemala, Honduras, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Mexico, Belize and Haiti.
The flood waters have forced thousands of people to evacuate from their homes. Infrastructure and crops have been seriously damaged.