- Tropical Storm Nate - Oct 2017
- Mexico: Earthquakes - Sep 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Central America: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Latin America: Storm Surge - May 2015
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Jul 2014
- Central America: Drought - 2014-2017
- Mexico: Tropical Storms Ingrid and Manuel - Sep 2013
- Central America: Dengue Outbreak - 2013-2014
Most read (last 30 days)
- Mexico: Address Chiapas Displacement Crisis
- Evaluación del impacto socioeconómico de las inversiones en prevención y reducción de riesgos: El caso de Tabasco
- Los niños afectados por los terremotos aún necesitan protección, apoyo psicoemocional y regresar a clases: no los perdamos de vista durante las fiestas
- Daily life and death on the U.S.-Mexico border
- Comunicado de Prensa No. 784-17- En 2017 Conagua atendió a más de 5.3 millones de habitantes de 24 estados afectados por fenómenos naturales
(Ottawa, October 14, 2005) The Canadian Red Cross announced an additional $100,000 for Hurricane Stan relief efforts in Central America from Canadian donations.
When the disaster struck, the Canadian Red Cross responded immediately with a $200,000 contribution - of which $150,000 came from CIDA. Funds collected from this appeal will provide survivors with food, blankets, kitchen kits, hygiene kits, and clean-up kits.
(Ottawa, October 7, 2005) - The Canadian Red Cross has contributed $200,000 to support the relief operations for Hurricane Stan, of which $150,000 is from the Canadian International Development Agency.
Thousands of people are in desperate need of food, clean water and shelter, after Hurricane Stan caused flooding and landslides in Guatemala, Honduras, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Mexico, Belize and Haiti.
The flood waters have forced thousands of people to evacuate from their homes. Infrastructure and crops have been seriously damaged.