- Tropical Storm Nate - Oct 2017
- Mexico: Earthquakes - Sep 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Central America: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Latin America: Storm Surge - May 2015
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Jul 2014
- Central America: Drought - 2014-2017
- Mexico: Tropical Storms Ingrid and Manuel - Sep 2013
- Central America: Dengue Outbreak - 2013-2014
Most read (last 30 days)
- La Unión Europea destina 158,575 euros para que niñas y niños puedan volver a clases en México
- Mexico Earthquake Humanitarian Situation Report No. 8 - 10 November 2017
- Mexico Earthquake Humanitarian Situation Report No. 9 - 24 November 2017
- City Square Transforms into Health Clinic After Mexico Earthquake
- Zeid urges Mexico not to pass proposed internal security law
To show the Chinese government’s condolence and support for the government and people of Mexico and help them deal with the earthquake, the government of China decided to provide 1 million US dollars as the emergency humanitarian assistance and the first batch of goods and materials, which would be delivered by chartered airplanes to relieve the urgent need of the earthquake-affected areas. The first chartered airplane will fly to Mexico around September 26.
At 3:37 am on May 4, the Chinese government's second batch of emergency humanitarian aid to Mexico departed from Beijing Capital International Airport. It is expected to arrive in Mexico at 5:54 pm Beijing time the same day.
According to an official at the Department of Aid to Foreign Countries, under the Ministry of Commerce, this batch includes face masks, eyeshades, gloves, sterilized appliances and body-temperature thermometers.
Yao Jian, spokesman of the Ministry of Commerce, said on 29th April the Chinese government has decided to provide immediate humanitarian aid to Mexican government, to purchase badly needed articles such as gauze masks and latex gloves.
According to Yao, Chinese government feels indebted to the hardship confronting Mexican government and Mexican people.
Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Jiang Yu announces:
As a token of friendship between the Chinese and Mexican people, the Chinese Government has decided to offer emergency humanitarian aid worth five million U.S. dollars to the Mexican Government, including one million in cash and four million material aid in order to help the Mexican Government to tackle the swine flu epidemic.