- Tropical Storm Nate - Oct 2017
- Mexico: Earthquakes - Sep 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Central America: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Latin America: Storm Surge - May 2015
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Jul 2014
- Central America: Drought - 2014-2017
- Mexico: Tropical Storms Ingrid and Manuel - Sep 2013
- Central America: Dengue Outbreak - 2013-2014
Most read (last 30 days)
- Mexico: Address Chiapas Displacement Crisis
- Evaluación del impacto socioeconómico de las inversiones en prevención y reducción de riesgos: El caso de Tabasco
- Daily life and death on the U.S.-Mexico border
- Comunicado de Prensa No. 784-17- En 2017 Conagua atendió a más de 5.3 millones de habitantes de 24 estados afectados por fenómenos naturales
- Aviso precautorio No. 4 por el Frente Frío No. 20
Michael Kitt TD, Minister of State for Overseas Development, this afternoon announced that Irish Aid will make up to €1 million available for relief efforts for those affected by severe flooding in Mexico, Haiti, the Dominican Republic and other countries in the region hit by Hurricane Noel.
The region has suffered some of the worst flooding in 50 years. The floods have had a devastating impact in Mexico's Tabasco state, where some 80% of the state is now reported to be under water and 900,000 people have been made homeless.
Minister of State for Development Cooperation and Human Rights, Conor Lenihan TD has assured the Dáil today that Ireland stands ready to commit further funds to the Pakistani earthquake disaster.