- Tropical Storm Nate - Oct 2017
- Mexico: Earthquakes - Sep 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Central America: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Latin America: Storm Surge - May 2015
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Jul 2014
- Central America: Drought - 2014-2017
- Mexico: Tropical Storms Ingrid and Manuel - Sep 2013
- Central America: Dengue Outbreak - 2013-2014
Most read (last 30 days)
- Mexico: Address Chiapas Displacement Crisis
- Evaluación del impacto socioeconómico de las inversiones en prevención y reducción de riesgos: El caso de Tabasco
- Mexico Earthquakes Humanitarian Situation Report - Three Month Review, 19 December 2017
- Los niños afectados por los terremotos aún necesitan protección, apoyo psicoemocional y regresar a clases: no los perdamos de vista durante las fiestas
- UAE provides new assistance to Mexico following earthquake
Geneva, 7 March, 2003 - ACT member, Church World Service (CWS), reports that recovery efforts continue in the Mexican states of Colima and Jalisco following the earthquake that struck the Country on January 21. The quake measured 7.8 on the Richter Scale.
The people of the Mexican states of Colima and Jalisco are slowly resuming their normal activities following an earthquake that struck their region early evening on Tuesday, January 21, 2003.
Geneva, 23 January, 2003 - ACT member Church World Service (CWS) reports that a major earthquake shook Mexico at 20:06 on 21 January. The magnitude of the earthquake was 7.6 on the Richter Scale and lasted about 50 seconds shaking west and central Mexico. The epicenter was on the Pacific coast, near the seaside resort of Manzanillo in the state of Colima, some 500 miles from the Mexican capital.
Geneva, January 14, 2001