- Tropical Storm Nate - Oct 2017
- Mexico: Earthquakes - Sep 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Central America: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Latin America: Storm Surge - May 2015
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Jul 2014
- Central America: Drought - 2014-2017
- Mexico: Tropical Storms Ingrid and Manuel - Sep 2013
- Central America: Dengue Outbreak - 2013-2014
Most read (last 30 days)
- Un espacio donde volver a ser niños
- Las muertes de migrantes siguen siendo altas a pesar del marcado descenso en los cruces por la frontera entre EE.UU. y México en 2017
- Earthquake in Mexico, Shake Map, 2018-02-17
- Assistant-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Deputy Emergency Relief Coordinator, Ursula Mueller, Chair’s Remarks at Panel Session on: Mexico Earthquake Response: Lessons for INSARAG Humanitarian Networks and Partnerships Week 2018
- USGS Shake Map: M 5.8 - 37km SSW of San Patricio, Mexico
ABU DHABI, 10th February, 2018 (WAM) -- The Emirates Red Crescent, ERC, has expanded its presence and intensified its efforts in the various areas of the world hit by crises and disasters, said H.H. Sheikh Hamdan bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Ruler's Representative in Al Dhafra Region and Chairman of the ERC.
MEXICO, 12th December, 2017 (WAM) -- The UAE has delivered the latest batch of humanitarian assistance to Mexico following the earthquake that hit in September, as part of its continuous relief efforts in the country.
The aid, which included medical equipment, was provided by the Emirates Red Crescent in cooperation with the UAE Embassy in Mexico during a special ceremony at the embassy attended by the UAE Ambassador to Mexico, Ahmed Hatem Al Menhali, Jose Antonio Monroy, Director-General of Mexican Red Cross, representatives of the Mexican Foreign Ministry and the media.
CAP-HAITIEN, Haiti, 7th September, 2017 (WAM) - Hurricane Irma barreled toward vulnerable Haiti on Thursday after devastating a string of Caribbean islands and killing at least 10 people as one of the most powerful Atlantic storms in a century took aim at Florida.
With winds of around 185 miles per hour (290 km per hour), the storm has smashed through several small islands in the northeast Caribbean in recent days, including Barbuda, Saint Martin and the British and U.S. Virgin Islands, ripping down trees and flattening homes and hospitals, Reuters reported.