- Tropical Storm Nate - Oct 2017
- Mexico: Earthquakes - Sep 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Central America: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Latin America: Storm Surge - May 2015
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Jul 2014
- Central America: Drought - 2014-2017
- Mexico: Tropical Storms Ingrid and Manuel - Sep 2013
- Central America: Dengue Outbreak - 2013-2014
Most read (last 30 days)
- La Unión Europea destina 158,575 euros para que niñas y niños puedan volver a clases en México
- Desplazamiento forzado en Chiapas: La protección de la infancia es el deber de todos los involucrados en el conflicto
- Mexico Earthquake Humanitarian Situation Report No. 9 - 24 November 2017
- Mexico: MSF ends emergency response after the earthquakes
- City Square Transforms into Health Clinic After Mexico Earthquake
As California and Mexican officials work to assess harm to infrastructure, a series of 'robust' aftershocks have added to emotional turmoil in the area hit hardest by the 7.2 earthquake.
By Tony Perry
Reporting from the Calexico-Mexicali region
Residents and public officials on both sides of the border were assessing damage and looking to repair shattered nerves Sunday amid aftershocks from the magnitude 7.2 earthquake that struck on Easter, the strongest to hit the region in more than a century.
In the California city of Calexico, most of the city's downtown …
Mexicali residents flee north as hundreds of aftershocks jolt the region. The U.S-Mexico border reopens to northbound vehicle traffic.
Assessment teams inspect buildings and cleanup crews sweep up glass in Mexicali and its smaller California neighbor, Calexico, both of which sustained modest damage.