- Tropical Storm Nate - Oct 2017
- Mexico: Earthquake - Sep 2017
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Sep 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Central America: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Latin America: Storm Surge - May 2015
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Jul 2014
- Central America: Drought - 2014-2017
- Mexico: Tropical Storms Ingrid and Manuel - Sep 2013
Over the same 10 year time frame, disasters have continued to exact a heavy toll and as a result, the well-being and safety of persons, communities and countries as a whole have been affected.
• Over 700 thousand people have lost their lives
• Over 1.4 million have been injured
• Approximately 23 million have been made homeless
• Total economic loss was more than $1.3 trillion.
(Sendai Framework, 2015)