- Tropical Storm Nate - Oct 2017
- Mexico: Earthquakes - Sep 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Central America: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Latin America: Storm Surge - May 2015
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Jul 2014
- Central America: Drought - 2014-2017
- Mexico: Tropical Storms Ingrid and Manuel - Sep 2013
- Central America: Dengue Outbreak - 2013-2014
Update October 24: Hurricane Patricia has weakened significantly since it made landfall last night, but danger remains. Flooding and landslides are of major concern right now.
Our team of emergency responders is on their way to assess the damage in Mexico's hardest-hit areas.
Hurricane Patricia, which is the strongest hurricane to ever be recorded, is currently nearing the southwestern coast of Mexico.
In the immediate hours after Hurricane Dean's landfall on Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula, Mercy Corps is preparing to rush relief to families taking shelter from still-fearsome winds and torrential rains.
We're accepting donations and partnering with Washington D.C.-based Partners of the Americas to respond to survivors' needs.
"We've seen the incredible needs in the immediate aftermath of such a strong hurricane," said Susan Romanski, Mercy Corps' director of disaster risk reduction, noting that in recent years the agency has shipped relief to survivors …
Category 5 hurricane surging toward YucatanPeninsula
PORTLAND, Ore - As Hurricane Dean threatens to make landfall in Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula tonight, the global humanitarian agency Mercy Corps is preparing to rush relief to families in the path of the storm.