- Tropical Storm Nate - Oct 2017
- Mexico: Earthquakes - Sep 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Central America: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Latin America: Storm Surge - May 2015
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Jul 2014
- Central America: Drought - 2014-2017
- Mexico: Tropical Storms Ingrid and Manuel - Sep 2013
- Central America: Dengue Outbreak - 2013-2014
Most read reports
- Uprooted in Central America and Mexico: Migrant and refugee children face a vicious cycle of hardship and danger
- Toda la ayuda necesaria a familias desplazadas en Chiapas
- En Chiapas, entregan viviendas a damnificados del sismo
- Declara la Secretaría de Gobernación Emergencia para un Municipio del Estado de Chiapas
- Jojutla: a 11 meses del sismo aún viven en la calle
For Immediate Release
Monday, August 20, 2018 Office of Press Relations
Telephone: +1.202.712.4320 | Email: email@example.com
Center for Strategic and International Studies
August 20, 2018
ADMINISTRATOR GREEN: Good morning, everyone. Thank you, Dan, for that kind introduction and thanks to all of you for being here to help mark this very important occasion.
Before joining USAID, I never could have imagined the depth of passion that exists for our nation’s leadership in global development.
When I was sworn in, people often asked me if I was worried about the unpopularity of development. According to nearly every poll, Americans wanted to cut foreign aid. But over the last four years, I have seen how a new model of development that delivers meaningful results in a cost-effective way can inspire people from all walks of life.