- Tropical Storm Nate - Oct 2017
- Mexico: Earthquake - Sep 2017
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Sep 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Central America: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Latin America: Storm Surge - May 2015
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Jul 2014
- Central America: Drought - 2014-2017
- Mexico: Tropical Storms Ingrid and Manuel - Sep 2013
31 August 2016 - A far-reaching new initiative to dismantle the criminal networks behind migrant smuggling and to protect migrants from being smuggled, known as SOMMEX ('Smuggling of Migrants - Mexico'), was launched today at the Attorney General's Office headquarters in Mexico City. Through this programme, UNODC will assist the Government of Mexico to respond more efficiently to the challenges posed by migrant smuggling along the three main migratory routes to the United States.
18 September 2015 - Migrant smuggling affects almost every country in the world. It undermines the integrity of countries and communities, and costs thousands of people their lives every year. This complex crime generates billions of dollars in profit for smugglers who operate through networks that cross continents by land, sea and air. Every day around the world thousands of women, men and children risk their lives to escape conflict, poverty, persecution and natural disasters, many putting their lives in the hands of migrant smugglers.