- Tropical Storm Nate - Oct 2017
- Mexico: Earthquake - Sep 2017
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Sep 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Central America: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Latin America: Storm Surge - May 2015
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Jul 2014
- Central America: Drought - 2014-2017
- Mexico: Tropical Storms Ingrid and Manuel - Sep 2013
Rural Mexicans are receiving help from a Tearfund partner to prevent them contracting swine flu.
More than 4,900 cases of the influenza have been diagnosed in Mexico and 85 people have died there, according to the World Health Organisation.
Tearfund partner Amextra is working in two regions outside Mexico City to boost awareness of the A (H1N1) strain which has been reported in 48 countries since the outbreak began in Mexico.
Many poor families in rural areas have not received Mexican government help to combat the flu, so Amextra staff have been training people about how to …
People from poor communities in Mexico are set to receive face masks and dietary supplements from a Tearfund partner to help them ward off swine flu.
The virus is believed to have claimed 150 lives in Mexico and 2,000 people are said to be infected.
All schools have been closed until 6 May, public events have been cancelled and many cities are quiet as people stay at home.
The Mexican government is using the media to reiterate information about the symptoms and preventative measures, such as the need to regularly wash hands and disinfect dishes.
Tearfund partner Amextra …