- Tropical Storm Nate - Oct 2017
- Mexico: Earthquakes - Sep 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Central America: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Latin America: Storm Surge - May 2015
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Jul 2014
- Central America: Drought - 2014-2017
- Mexico: Tropical Storms Ingrid and Manuel - Sep 2013
- Central America: Dengue Outbreak - 2013-2014
Most read (last 30 days)
- La Unión Europea destina 158,575 euros para que niñas y niños puedan volver a clases en México
- Mexico Earthquake Humanitarian Situation Report No. 9 - 24 November 2017
- Mexico: MSF ends emergency response after the earthquakes
- City Square Transforms into Health Clinic After Mexico Earthquake
- Zeid urges Mexico not to pass proposed internal security law
28 MILLION PEOPLE FORCIBLY DISPLACED BY CONFLICT AND DISASTERS IN 2015 AND MILLIONS MORE STILL INVISIBLE: IDMC NEW REPORT HIGHLIGHTS GLOBAL CRISIS OF INTERNAL DISPLACEMENT
Conflict, violence and disasters internally displaced 27.8 million people in 2015, subjecting a record number of men, women and children to the trauma and upheaval of being forcibly displaced within their own country.
La gestión para la reducción del riesgo de desastres es un proceso integral que trata diversas acciones de trabajo en múltiples momentos como parte fundamental del desarrollo seguro y sostenible de un país, con la finalidad de contribuir con el bienestar de las personas, lo que incluye el fortalecimiento de capacidades en la preparación ante la ocurrencia de un desastre, promoviendo el respeto a la integridad y dignidad humanas y la seguridad de los medios de vida.
Thousands flee violence in Latin America
In December 2014, Latin America and the Caribbean will stake out a new course for the protection of the region’s displaced populations during the next decade. New displacement drivers require new regional measures.
28.8 million internally displaced people worldwide in 2012, record high includes five-fold increase in Syria
GENEVA, 29 APRIL 2013: The number of people internally displaced by armed conflict, violence and human rights violations at the end of 2012 was 28.8 million, an increase of 2.4 million people on the previous year and the highest global figure ever reported by the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre (IDMC).
14.9 million uprooted by natural disasters – Asia worst hit
People internally displaced by conflict and violence
For the last 14 years, the Norwegian Refugee Council’s Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre has monitored intern- al displacement resulting from conflict and violence across the world. In 2011, the number of people internally displaced by these causes stood at 26.4 million.
Authors: Dr Megan Bradley (St Paul University)
Working Paper Series No. 77
- Drug cartel violence in Mexico's northern
In 2006, the Mexican government of Felipe Calderón launched a military offensive against the country's drug cartels. The intervention of the armed forces in cornering rival groups reportedly sparked vicious turf wars over previously agreed trafficking routes.