- Tropical Storm Nate - Oct 2017
- Mexico: Earthquakes - Sep 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Central America: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Latin America: Storm Surge - May 2015
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Jul 2014
- Central America: Drought - 2014-2017
- Mexico: Tropical Storms Ingrid and Manuel - Sep 2013
- Central America: Dengue Outbreak - 2013-2014
Most read (last 30 days)
- La Unión Europea destina 158,575 euros para que niñas y niños puedan volver a clases en México
- Desplazamiento forzado en Chiapas: La protección de la infancia es el deber de todos los involucrados en el conflicto
- Mexico Earthquake Humanitarian Situation Report No. 9 - 24 November 2017
- Mexico: MSF ends emergency response after the earthquakes
- City Square Transforms into Health Clinic After Mexico Earthquake
As the effects of a major flu outbreak continue to spread around the world, Japan has responded to a Mexican request for emergency supplies to try to contain the problem.
The Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) scheduled two airlifts May 2 and May 4 from its warehouse in Tokyo to Mexico including medical masks, disposable globes, goggles, disposable operating gowns and iodine solution following the Mexican government request.
The outbreak, originally designated as swine flu, but renamed by the World Health Organization (WHO) as Influenza A (H1N1) surfaced first in Mexico on …
Emergency supplies worth 14 million yen including tents, blankets, plastic sheeting, water tanks, power generators, and water purifying equipment have been shipped by the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) to the state of Tabasco in southeastern Mexico in the wake of the biggest floods to hit the country in half a century.
Seven rivers, including the Grijalva and Carrizal, swollen from heavy rains that began in late October, burst their banks and flooded 15 cities in Tabasco, 80% of which has become immersed in water.
In the state of Chiapas, moreover, deaths were reported …