- Tropical Storm Nate - Oct 2017
- Mexico: Earthquake - Sep 2017
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Sep 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Central America: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Latin America: Storm Surge - May 2015
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Jul 2014
- Central America: Drought - 2014-2017
- Mexico: Tropical Storms Ingrid and Manuel - Sep 2013
Fund assists communities stricken by tropical storm in Haiti, Dominican Republic and Mexico
UNITED NATIONS, New York - UNFPA, the United Nations Population Fund, is appealing to international donors for $615,000 to step up its efforts to protect the reproductive health and safety of survivors of Tropical Storm Noel in the Dominican Republic.
The storm, which caused major flooding, landslides and the destruction of bridges when it swept across the Dominican Republic last week, has left more than 80 people dead and forced at least 65,000 from their homes.
More than a third of the …