- Tropical Storm Nate - Oct 2017
- Mexico: Earthquakes - Sep 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Central America: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Latin America: Storm Surge - May 2015
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Jul 2014
- Central America: Drought - 2014-2017
- Mexico: Tropical Storms Ingrid and Manuel - Sep 2013
- Central America: Dengue Outbreak - 2013-2014
Most read (last 30 days)
- La ONU-DH condena nuevo ataque armado a comunidades tzotziles desplazadas forzosamente en Aldama, Chiapas
- Mexico Earthquakes Humanitarian Situation Report Six Month Review - March 2018
- Noruega se solidariza con refugiados del Norte de Centroamérica
- Mexico Peace Index 2018: Mapping the evolution of peace and its drivers
- Addressing the Migration Bottleneck in Southern Mexico
Cologne/Mexico City. Malteser International is prepared to support relief efforts in Mexico following the devastating earthquake that struck on September 19. A team of volunteers from the local aid service of the Order of Malta has been dispatched to Mexico City to provide urgent rescue and first-aid measures. The magnitude 7.1 earthquake hit central and southern Mexico, killing over 240 people and destroying many buildings, including the headquarters of the Mexican Association of the Order of Malta as well as a school run by its aid service in the country.
Cologne/Villahermosa. Malteser International intensifies its assistance in the flooded Mexican State of Tabasco. After already having delivered seven barrels of relief supplies last week, a second shipment of ten tons of food, hygiene products and livelihood support arrives in the disaster area today. "We distribute food, drinking water, blankets and soap to the victims.
Helpers supply the victims with drinking water, food and medicine
Cologne/ Villahermosa.The international network of the Order of Malta and Malteser International provide 200,000 Dollars for the victims of the floods in the Mexican State of Tabasco. "The dimension of the flood disaster becomes more and more dramatic. After the heavy rainfalls of last week, about 95 percent of the State of Tabascoare flooded", says Ingo Radtke, Secretary General of Malteser International, returning from Mexicotoday. "The situation is worse than described by the media so far.
Cologne - In order to support the relief activities of the Associations of the Order of Malta Central America for the victims of floods and landslides, Malteser International provides 50,000 Euro as a first pledge. "Despite the terrible images we have in mind from the Kashmir region we also have to care for the victims of the awful landslides and floods in Central America", states Ingo Radtke, Secretary General of Malteser International.