- Tropical Storm Nate - Oct 2017
- Mexico: Earthquakes - Sep 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Central America: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Latin America: Storm Surge - May 2015
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Jul 2014
- Central America: Drought - 2014-2017
- Mexico: Tropical Storms Ingrid and Manuel - Sep 2013
- Central America: Dengue Outbreak - 2013-2014
Weather, inflation, and biofuels pushed the United Nations food price index to an all-time high in December, sparking concern over the poor being left with empty plates.
By Ben Arnoldy, Staff writer / February 10, 2011
Amid the stalls of neatly stacked vegetables at this city's Sarojini Market, Manju shops with her young granddaughter. Her bags have become lighter in recent months, as she's cutting back on the basics.
Geneva, Switzerland - Local governments are showing their commitment to protect cities and citizens from natural hazards by signing up to a new global disaster risk reduction campaign.
Davos (Switzerland), Port-au-Prince (Haiti), Santa Tecla (El Salvador) and Baofeng (China) are the latest to join the UN International Strategy for Disaster Reduction's Making Cities Resilient: My City is Getting Ready campaign, which is aimed at guiding to process to put in place much-needed disaster reduction plans.
On 30 May 2010, leaders from eight cities - Bonn (Germany), Mexico City (Mexico), …